cherry Jam Tart (Pasta Frolla)
- 300 g All-purpose flour, plus more for handling the dough
- 5 g Baking powder
- 120 g Butter at room temperature
- 200 g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Run
- 1 jar Cherry jam
- Mix the flour and the baking powder and then sift it. On the kitchen counter place the sifted flour and make a volcano shape to add the sugar and butter in the center. With the help of a spatula, mix the ingredients (avoid kneading with your hands for the moment so as not to melt the butter). When the mixture is homogeneous and with a sandy texture, make the volcano again and add the eggs one by one, and then the rum or vanilla. Continue mixing with the spatula and then knead with your hands, add more flour if it has a sticky texture. When it is already a homogeneous mass create a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After the hour, take out the dough and cut it in half. You take one half, knead it and add flour if necessary. With the help of the kneading stick you spread it trying to make it a round and fine shape, place it as a base in a pan previously greased with butter and floured, without forgetting to cover the edges of the pan with the dough. Then add the jam of your choice. With the other half of the dough you do the same procedure, but after kneading it with the stick you cut strips to place horizontally and vertically on top of the jam. Finally varnish with the mixture of the yolk of an egg and two tablespoons of milk (this will give the golden color)
- Enter the oven preheated to 165 degrees, for one hour.